We are proud to announce that Dr. Ivana Modena, President of Sustainability Management School, was guest speaker at the 2017 United Nations Forum on Business and Human Rights, Geneva 27-29 November
Parallel session (28th November).
Organized by the National Network of the UN Global Compact Russia and the National Network of the UN Global Compact Switzerland. “UN Global Compact Local Network experiences: implementing the UNGPs and human rights due diligence to achieve the SDGs”.
The session aims to discuss how to implement the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights in practice in the context of Russia and Switzerland, with Russian and Swiss Global Compact Local Network members sharing lessons learned and examples relating to human rights due diligence, strategies and partnerships. Furthermore, a joint project on human rights will be presented during the session.
During the Forum Dr. Ivana Modena signed with the Chair of the Steering Committee of National Network of the Global Compact, Larisa Ovchinnikova, the AGREEMENT OF COOPERATION FOR THE CONDUCT OF NATIONWIDE RUSSIAN YOUTH CONTEST.
List of Participants.
– Alexei Borisov, Deputy Chairman of the United Nations Association of Russia, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the World Federation of United Nations Associations.
– Dante Pesce, Member of the United Nations Working Group on Business and Human Rights.
– Alexey Borodavkin, the Permanent Representative of the Russian Federation to the United Nations Office and other International Organizations in Geneva.
– Antonio Hautle, Senior Programme Leader & Network Representative, Global Compact Network Switzerland.
– Rémy Friedmann, Senior Advisor, Desk Human Security and Business, Federal Department of Foreign Affairs (FDFA, Human Security Division.
– Alexei Borisov, Deputy Chairman of the United Nations Association of Russia, Chairman of the Executive Committee of the World Federation of United Nations Associations (Moderator).
– Larisa Ovchinnikova, Chair of the Steering Committee of the Association ‘National Network of the Global Compact’, Managing Director of the Department for Institutional Development, Vnesheconombank
– Alexander Ermolenko, Partner of FBK Legal (FBK Grant Tornton).
– Vladimir Zaluzhskiy, Head of Communications and Investor Relations, Severstal.
– Oleg Basaleev, Head of Sustainability, Nordgold.
– Matthew Kilgarriff, Secretary, Compagnie Financière Richemont SA.
– Sergei Chestnoy, Advisor to CEO, RUSAL.
– Natalia Gonchar, Head of Social Performance, Sakhalin Energy.
– Ivana Modena, President of the Sustainability Management School SUMAS.
The presentations have addressed:
– Business and human rights activities of the Global Compact Local Network in Russia.
– Expert review on the Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights with regard to
Russian legislation: outcomes and perspectives.
– Re-Inventing Cherepovets. Corporate strategy of transforming cities to enhance the
citizens’ (stakeholders’) rights and opportunities.
– Local communities feedback mechanisms (including the grievance mechanism) at
Nordgold’s entities in West Africa.
-The Responsible Jewellery Council standards and their role in protecting human rights in Richemont’s worldwide supply chains.
– Rights to health protection (helping countries of operation in protecting the population against epidemic threats) and to a healthy environment (a climate partnership initiative).
– Sakhalin Energy: recent developments.
– Sustainable development and business.
Discussion with the participation of:
– Rolf Schwery, founder and Executive Director of SCHWERY CONSULTING.
– Yuriy Blagov, Director, PwC Center for Corporate Social Responsibility, St. Petersburg University.
– Natalia Poppel, Head of Corporate Responsibility and Brand Management, Severstal.
– Zhukova Irina, Director Sustainability, Philip Morris Sales, and Marketing.