Our Online Program is 100% online and it has the same recognition as the On-Campus Program. It is an opportunity for you to advance in your career and to develop new skills in the field of sustainability management.
From 18 months to 5 years,
depending on your chosen payment plan
9 core modules and
5 major courses.
January, April, July and October
Attend your classes from home, work, or wherever you are
A predominantly professionally-oriented education that addresses today's sustainability challenges!
The aim of the online MBA in Sustainability Management is to offer a predominantly, professionally, oriented education that addressed sustainability challenges facing leaders in today's complex work patterns. This Master program is interdisciplinary; it blends business strategy, natural and social sciences.
Designed for all professionals in corporations, nonprofits and governmental agencies demanding sustainability knowledge and practice,students learn how to apply innovative solutions for a sustainable economy,society and environment.
Delivered through SUMAS's virtual learning environment, the course is operated in a flexible format*- allowing you to pick your appropriate workload. You can decide how many of the available modules to take each term and can even skip a term if you desire. All modules must be completed before advancing onto the final term, and all terms must be completed within 5 years of enrollment.
* Flexible format is only available on eligible payment plans, see Program Costs section below for more details.
Virginie Helias MBA in Sustainability Management 2015
SUMAS has allowed for me to grow my passion for sustainability and allowed for me to focus on building a successful career in implementing integrated sustainable strategies for NGO’s and the business sector.
Valentina Filia MBA in Sustainability Management 2014
SUMAS MBA program represented for me an important boost to connect myself with the business world and to start creating my career.
Our experiential camps based around the world will help to raise your awareness of sustainable living and will allow you to develop practical solutions to environmental challenges. For more information about the kinds of camps available to you as an undergraduate student at SUMAS, click on the respective icons below.
GNH (Gros National Happiness)
The course introduces the concept of GNH, its 9 domains and 33 indicators and its application in Bhutan. The course will discuss global GNH related initiatives in the world and we will use the GNH index to evaluate business practices.
Explore the issues related to a new tourist destination that is experiencing exponential growth in a fragile environment and having a low-density population.
Discover nature conservation first hand in Costa Rica and find out how this lush South American country is combating conservation issues daily
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelors degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Application fee of 200CHF (EU students) or 500CHF (Non-EU students).
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID.
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor's studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English)
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School.
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in an English taught environment: – TOEFL(minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or – IELTS(Minimum score of 6)or other standardized English placement exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to SUMAS automatically please enter our TOEFL institutional code number- 4629- when you take the test.
- Two passport photographs
Online Program Costs
|PAYMENT UPFRONT||PAY-AS-YOU-GO (TIME LIMITED)||PAY-AS-YOU-GO (FLEXIBLE)||HYBRID ATTENDANCE|
|APPLICATION FEE (NON-REFUNDABLE)||200 CHF*||200 CHF*||200 CHF*||200 CHF*|
|TUITION FEES||14'700 CHF||2,500 CHF / term (x6)||1,500 CHF / module (x14)||1,500 CHF / online per module (x14)
2,500 CHF / on campus per module
|COMPLETION TIMEFRAME||18 months / 3 years**||18 months||18 months - 3 years**||18 months - 3 years**|
|ACCEPTANCE FEE||2,500 CHF||2,500 CHF||2,500 CHF***|
|TOTAL||14,900 CHF||17,700 CHF||25,200 CHF|
** After each full term cycle (orange – green), the tuition fee per module will rise by 200 CHF.
***Students only taking a maximum of 2 online modules are exempt from the acceptance fee.