Our Online Program is 100% online! It is an opportunity for you to advance in your career and to develop new skills in the field of sustainability management.
From 18 months to 3 years,
depending on your chosen payment plan
9 core modules and
5 major courses.
January, April, July and October
Attend your classes from home, work, or wherever you are.
A predominantly professionally-oriented education that addresses today's sustainability challenges!
The aim of the online MBA in Finance and Responsible Investment is to offer a predominately professionally oriented education that addresses corporate finance and the broader sustainability agenda for responsible investment.
Upon completion of the program, you will be able to apply and demonstrate awareness of the advanced theories on corporate finance and sustainability, autonomously manage financial projects, develop the managerial attitude towards a low-carbon economy and will also possess a set of solid ethics with regards to investment management.
Practice-oriented projects will be guided by academics and professionals. These projects are part of SUMAS’ innovative teaching methodology which includes invitations to video conferences with leading speakers in organizations and company presentations. These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but also provide valuable opportunities for networking to enhance your career development.
Delivered through SUMAS’ virtual learning environment, the course is operated in a flexible format* – allowing you to pick your appropriate workload. You can decide how many of the available modules to take each term and you can even skip a term if you desire. All modules must be completed before advancing onto the final term, and all terms must be completed within 3 years of enrolment. This program is adapted to the busy schedules of managers.
* Flexible format is only available on eligible payment plans, see Program Costs section below for more details.
Leo Kyle MBA in Finance & Responsible Investment 2016
Business leaders across the world are reconsidering the relationship between business, society, and the environment. SUMAS has provided me with the with both a fundamental knowledge of sustainability and the opportunity to explore sustainability topics in-depth. I am now better equipped to add value to all business stakeholders.
Claudine De Wever MBA in Sustainability Management 2015
The MBA in Sustainability Management has taught me what ‘sustainable’ really stands for. It has not only taught me a different approach in which business and sustainability can go hand in hand towards a sustainable future, but it has also taught me a new way of life.
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelors degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Application fee of 200 CHF.
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID.
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor's studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English)
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School.
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in an English taught environment: – TOEFL(minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or – IELTS(Minimum score of 6)or other standardized English placement exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to SUMAS automatically please enter our TOEFL institutional code number- 4629- when you take the test.
- Two passport photographs
Online Program Costs
|PAYMENT UPFRONT||PAY-AS-YOU-GO (TIME LIMITED)||PAY-AS-YOU-GO (FLEXIBLE)||HYBRID ATTENDANCE|
|APPLICATION FEE (NON-REFUNDABLE)||200 CHF*||200 CHF*||200 CHF*||200 CHF*|
|TUITION FEES||14'700 CHF||2,500 CHF / term (x6)||1,500 CHF / module (x14)||1,500 CHF / online per module (x14)
2,500 CHF / on campus per module
|COMPLETION TIMEFRAME||18 months / 3 years**||18 months||18 months - 3 years**||18 months - 3 years**|
|ACCEPTANCE FEE||2,500 CHF||2,500 CHF||2,500 CHF***|
|TOTAL||14,900 CHF||17,700 CHF||25,200 CHF|
** After each full term cycle (orange – green), the tuition fee per module will rise by 200 CHF.
***Students only taking a maximum of 2 online modules are exempt from the acceptance fee.