A predominantly professionally-oriented education that addresses sustainability challenges facing leaders in today’s complex work patterns.
1 year (Full Time)
2 Years (Part-Time)
9 core modules
5 major modules
Projects in collaboration with executives
Classes are based around discussions of cases, videos and role-play activities.
Focused on one of the world’s fastest growing industries, this program provides a practical approach towards sustainable hospitality and the shift in demands from the conscientious travelers!
Innovative, practical and adapted to the real world, the MAM in Sustainable Hospitality Management is aimed to have an impact on your future career in this vibrant industry. It is delivered by outstanding faculty coming from the field with a significant experience in sustainable projects and business strategy focused on hospitality.
SUMAS students are constantly engaged in practice-oriented projects that are guided by academics, consultants and professionals. These projects are part of SUMAS’ innovative teaching methodology which includes video conferences with leading speakers in organizations and in-class company presentations. These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but also provide valuable opportunities for networking to enhance your career development. SUMAS students can choose to take a second optional year and engage in an internship in a corporation or an international organization.
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelors degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Application fee of CHF 200
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor’s studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English)
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School.
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in a English work environment:
– TOEFL(minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or – IELTS(Minimum score of 6)or other standardized English placement exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to SUMAS automatically please enter our TOEFL institutional code number- 4629- when you take the test.
- Photocopy of valid passport or ID
- Two passport photographs
- Applications from non-degree candidates will be evaluated for our Executive-MAM based on 3-4 years managerial work experience
|Application fee (non-refundable, due with application submission)||CHF 200|
|Advanced tuition payment (non-refundable, due upon receipt of acceptance letter)**||CHF 1'500|
|Advanced tuition fee for students with VISA requests (refundable in case of VISA refusal)**||CHF 10'000|
|Tuition for program||CHF 39'545|
|Expenses and Materials*||CHF 650|
|Optional Internship & Professional Development 2nd year||CHF 9'900|
*The application fee is non-refundable.
** After each full term cycle (orange – green), the tuition fee per module will rise by 200 CHF.
***Students only taking a maximum of 2 online modules are exempt from the acceptance fee.
The program has inspired me to inspect the industry from different perspectives, allowing me to think outside of the box while encountering issues in the realm of sustainable tourism.Chang Chin HsiehMaster in Sustainable Tourism Management 2017
SUMAS program is ideal for my purposes – very complex and practical, with a deep systematic approach – from fundamental theory to practical cases for understanding the practice and perspectives of sustainable development.Julia KorolevaMaster in Sustainability Management 2017