Our curriculum is innovative and dynamic, which allows you to gain a head start once introduced in the professional world.
3 terms (full-time program) or
6 terms (part-time program)
9 core modules and
5 major courses.
Projects in collaboration with executives
February and September
Classes are based around discussions of cases, videos and role-play activities.
Designed for all professionals in corporations, nonprofits and governmental agencies demanding sustainability knowledge and practice.
You will have the opportunity to learn the most innovative best practices in the field of Sustainable Tourism and responsible management of hotels.
You will improve your leadership and entrepreneurial skills through tackling sustainability challenges while leading tourist facilities and managing protected areas.
Experiential camps and practice-oriented projects will be guided by academics and professionals. These projects are part of SUMAS’ innovative teaching methodology which includes video conferences with leading speakers in organizations and in-class company presentations. These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but also provide valuable opportunities for networking to enhance your career development.
SUMAS students can choose to take a second optional year and engage in an internship in a corporation or an international organization.
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelors degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID.
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor’s studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English)
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School.
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in a English work environment.
– TOEFL(minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or – IELTS(Minimum score of 6)or other standardized English placement exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to SUMAS automatically please enter our TOEFL institutional code number- 4629- when you take the test.
- Application fee of 200CHF
- Two passport photographs
- Applications from non-degree candidates will be evaluated for our Executive-Master based on 3-4 years managerial work experience
|Application fee (non-refundable, due with application submission)||CHF 200|
|Advanced tuition payment (non-refundable, due upon receipt of acceptance letter)**||CHF 1'500|
|Advanced tuition fee for students with VISA requests (refundable in case of VISA refusal)**||CHF 10'000|
|Tuition for program||CHF 39'545|
|Expenses and Materials*||CHF 650*|
|Optional Internship & Professional Development 2nd year||CHF 9'900|
*Expenses and materials include eBook chapters and eJournals. Applications for simulation game software, capstone and student trips are additional costs and not included in the overall price.
** Deductible from tuition fee initial payment.
The program has inspired me to inspect the industry from different perspectives, allowing me to think outside of the box while encountering issues in the realm of sustainable tourism.Chang Chin HsiehMaster in Sustainable Tourism Management 2017
My experience in SUMAS has allowed for me to explore sustainable development from a holistic perspective. Thanks to the program I have improved my skills in the field of sustainability.Simone VellucciMaster in Sustainability Management 2017