A predominantly professionally-oriented education that addresses sustainability challenges facing leaders in today’s complex work patterns.
1 year (Full Time)
2 Years (Part-Time)
9 core modules
5 major modules
Projects in collaboration with executives
February and September
Classes are based around discussions of cases, videos and role-play activities.
Focused on one of the world’s fastest growing industries, this program provides a practical approach towards sustainable hospitality and the shift in demands from the conscientious travelers!
Innovative, practical and adapted to the real world, the MBA in Sustainable Hospitality Management is aimed to have an impact on your future career in this vibrant industry. It is delivered by outstanding faculty coming from the field with a significant experience in sustainable projects and business strategy focused on hospitality.
SUMAS students are constantly engaged in practice-oriented projects that are guided by academics, consultants and professionals. These projects are part of SUMAS’ innovative teaching methodology which includes video conferences with leading speakers in organizations and in-class company presentations. These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but also provide valuable opportunities for networking to enhance your career development. SUMAS students can choose to take a second optional year and engage in an internship in a corporation or an international organization.
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelors degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Application fee of 200CHF
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID.
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor’s studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English)
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School.
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in an English taught environment:
– TOEFL(minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or – IELTS(Minimum score of 6)or other standardized English placement exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to SUMAS automatically please enter our TOEFL institutional code number- 4629- when you take the test.
- Two passport photographs
- Applications from non-degree candidates will be evaluated for our Executive-MBA based on 3-4 years managerial work experience
|Application fee (non-refundable, due with application submission)||CHF 200|
|Advanced tuition payment (non-refundable, due upon receipt of acceptance letter)**||CHF 1'500|
|Advanced tuition fee for students with VISA requests (refundable in case of VISA refusal)**||CHF 10'000|
|Tuition for program||CHF 39'545|
|Expenses and Materials*||CHF 650|
|Optional Internship & Professional Development 2nd year||CHF 9'900|
*Expenses and materials include eBook chapters and eJournals. Applications for simulation game software, capstone and student trips are additional costs and not included in the overall price.
** Deductible from tuition fee initial payment.
SUMAS MBA program represented for me an important boost to connect myself with the business world and to start creating my career.Valentina FiliaMBA in Sustainability Management 2014
SUMAS has allowed for me to grow my passion for sustainability and allowed for me to focus on building a successful career in implementing integrated sustainable strategies for NGO’s and the business sector.Ergit BedalliMBA in Sustainability Management 2015