Our Online Program is 100% online and it has the same recognition as the On-Campus Program.
From 18 months to 3 years,
depending on your chosen payment plan
9 core modules and
5 major courses.
January, April, July and October
Attend your classes from home, work, or wherever you are
Focused on one of the world’s fastest growing industries, this program provides a practical approach towards sustainable hospitality and the shift in demands from the conscientious travelers!
Innovative, practical and adapted to the real world, the online MBA in Sustainable Hospitality Management is aimed to have an impact on your future career in this vibrant industry. It is delivered by outstanding faculty coming from the field with a significant experience in sustainable projects and business strategy focused on hospitality.
SUMAS students are constantly engaged in practice-oriented projects that are guided by academics, consultants and professionals. These projects are part of SUMAS’ innovative teaching methodology which includes video conferences with leading speakers in organizations and in-class company presentations. These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but also provide valuable opportunities for networking to enhance your career development. SUMAS students can choose to take a second optional year and engage in an internship in a corporation or an international organization.
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelors degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Application fee of CHF 200
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor’s studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English)
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in an English taught environment:
– TOEFL(minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or – IELTS(Minimum score of 6)or other standardized English placement exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to SUMAS automatically please enter our TOEFL institutional code number- 4629- when you take the test.
- Two passport photographs
|PAYMENT UPFRONT||PAY-AS-YOU-GO (TIME LIMITED)||PAY-AS-YOU-GO (FLEXIBLE)||HYBRID ATTENDANCE|
|APPLICATION FEE (NON-REFUNDABLE)||200 CHF*||200 CHF*||200 CHF*||200 CHF*|
|TUITION FEES||14,700 CHF||2,500 CHF / term (x6)||1,500 CHF / module (x14)||1,500 CHF / online per module (x14)
2,500 CHF / on campus per module
|COMPLETION TIMEFRAME||18 months / 3 years**||18 months||18 months - 3 years**||18 months - 3 years**|
|ACCEPTANCE FEE||2,500 CHF||2,500 CHF||2,500 CHF***|
|TOTAL||14,900 CHF||17,700 CHF||25,200 CHF|
*The application fee is non-refundable.
** After each full term cycle (orange – green), the tuition fee per module will rise by 200 CHF.
***Students only taking a maximum of 2 online modules are exempt from the acceptance fee.
The program has inspired me to inspect the industry from different perspectives, allowing me to think outside of the box while encountering issues in the realm of sustainable tourism.Chang Chin HsiehMaster in Sustainable Tourism Management 2017
My experience in SUMAS has allowed for me to explore sustainable development from a holistic perspective. Thanks to the program I have improved my skills in the fields of sustainability.Simone VellucciMaster in Sustainability Management 2017