Our Online Program is 100% online and it has the same recognition as the On-Campus Program.
From 18 months to 3 years,
depending on your chosen payment plan
9 core modules and
5 major courses.
January, April, July and October
Attend your classes from home, work, or wherever you are
Designed for all professionals in corporations, nonprofits and governmental agencies demanding sustainability knowledge and practice.
You will have the opportunity to learn the most innovative best practices in the field of Sustainable Tourism and responsible management of hotels.
You will improve your leadership and entrepreneurial skills through tackling sustainability challenges while leading tourist facilities and managing protected areas.
Experiential camps and practice-oriented projects will be guided by academics and professionals. These projects are part of SUMAS’ innovative teaching methodology which includes invitations to video conferences with leading speakers in organizations and company presentations. These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but also provide valuable opportunities for networking to enhance your career development.
Delivered through SUMAS’ virtual learning environment, the course is operated in a flexible format* – allowing you to pick your appropriate workload. You can decide how many of the available modules to take each term and you can even skip a term if you desire. All modules must be completed before advancing onto the final term, and all terms must be completed within 3 years of enrollment.
* Flexible format is only available on eligible payment plans, see Program Costs section below for more details.
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelors degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Application fee of CHF 200
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor’s studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English)
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in an English taught environment:
– TOEFL(minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or – IELTS(Minimum score of 6)or other standardized English placement exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to SUMAS automatically please enter our TOEFL institutional code number- 4629- when you take the test.
- Two passport photographs
|PAYMENT UPFRONT||PAY-AS-YOU-GO (TIME LIMITED)||PAY-AS-YOU-GO (FLEXIBLE)||HYBRID ATTENDANCE|
|APPLICATION FEE (NON-REFUNDABLE)||200 CHF*||200 CHF*||200 CHF*||200 CHF*|
|TUITION FEES||14,700 CHF||2,500 CHF / term (x6)||1,500 CHF / module (x14)||1,500 CHF / online per module (x14)
2,500 CHF / on campus per module
|COMPLETION TIMEFRAME||18 months / 3 years**||18 months||18 months - 3 years**||18 months - 3 years**|
|ACCEPTANCE FEE||2,500 CHF||2,500 CHF||2,500 CHF***|
|TOTAL||14,900 CHF||17,700 CHF||25,200 CHF|
*The application fee is non-refundable.
** After each full term cycle (orange – green), the tuition fee per module will rise by 200 CHF.
***Students only taking a maximum of 2 online modules are exempt from the acceptance fee.
The program has inspired me to inspect the industry from different perspectives, allowing me to think outside of the box while encountering issues in the realm of sustainable tourism.Chang Chin HsiehMaster in Sustainable Tourism Management 2017
My experience in SUMAS has allowed for me to explore sustainable development from a holistic perspective. Thanks to the program I have improved my skills in the fields of sustainability.Simone VellucciMaster in Sustainability Management 2017