Our curriculum is innovative and dynamic, which allows you to gain a head start once introduced in the professional world.
3 terms (full-time program) or
6 terms (part-time program)
9 core modules and
5 major courses.
Projects in collaboration with executives
February and September
Classes are based around discussions of cases, videos and role-play activities.
Designed for all professionals in corporations, nonprofits and governmental agencies demanding sustainability knowledge and practice.
You will have the opportunity to learn the most innovative best practices in the field of Sustainable Tourism and responsible management of hotels.
You will improve your leadership and entrepreneurial skills through tackling sustainability challenges while leading tourist facilities and managing protected areas.
Experiential camps and practice-oriented projects will be guided by academics and professionals. These projects are part of SUMAS’ innovative teaching methodology which includes video conferences with leading speakers in organizations and in-class company presentations. These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but also provide valuable opportunities for networking to enhance your career development.
SUMAS students can choose to take a second optional year and engage in an internship in a corporation or an international organization.
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelors degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID.
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor’s studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English)
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study at Sustainability Management School.
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in a English work environment.
– TOEFL(minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or – IELTS(Minimum score of 6)or other standardized English placement exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to SUMAS automatically please enter our TOEFL institutional code number- 4629- when you take the test.
- Application fee of 150CHF
- Two passport photographs
- Applications from non-degree candidates will be evaluated for our Executive-Master based on 3-4 years managerial work experience
Tuition fees for our MAM programs depend on the campus of choice, either Gland (Switzerland) or Milan (Italy). Fees and related-costs are as follows:
|Program Fees||CHF 35,200|
|Expenses and Materials||CHF 650*|
|Program Fees||EUR 19,400|
|Expenses and Materials||EUR 600*|
|Milan (Italy) + Gland (Switzerland)|
|One semester in Gland and one semestter in Milan|
|Program Fees||CHF 30,400|
|Expenses and Materials||EUR 650*|
*Expenses and materials include eBook chapters and eJournals. Applications for simulation game software, capstone, and student trips are additional costs and not included in the overall price.
Please, note that the non-refundable application fee (CHF 150) is not included in these fees. Upon acceptance, candidates must submit a confirmation deposit (deducted from the tuition fees) in order to secure their seat for their program and campus of choice as per our student agreement.
Partial Scholarships are offered for those students that embrace the values and spirit of our institution. To find more about our scholarship framework, click here.
“The program has inspired me to inspect the industry from different perspectives, allowing me to think outside of the box while encountering issues in the realm of sustainable tourism.”Chang Chin HsiehMaster in Sustainable Tourism Management 2017
“My experience in SUMAS has allowed for me to explore sustainable development from a holistic perspective. Thanks to the program I have improved my skills in the field of sustainability.”Simone VellucciMaster in Sustainability Management 2017