A predominantly professionally-oriented education that addresses sustainability challenges facing leaders in today’s complex work patterns.
MBA : 46CTS
1 year (Full Time)
2 Years (Part-Time)
9 core modules
5 major modules
Projects in collaboration with executives
February and September
Classes are based around discussions of cases, videos and role-play activities.
Designed for all professionals in corporations, nonprofits and governmental agencies demanding sustainability knowledge and practice.
You will have the opportunity to learn the most innovative best practices in the field of Sustainable Tourism and responsible management of hotels.
You will improve your leadership and entrepreneurial skills through tackling sustainability challenges while leading tourist facilities and managing protected areas.
Experiential camps and practice-oriented projects will be guided by academics and professionals. These projects are part of SUMAS’ innovative teaching methodology which includes video conferences with leading speakers in organizations and in-class company presentations. These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but also provide valuable opportunities for networking to enhance your career development.
SUMAS students can choose to take a second optional year and engage in an internship in a corporation or an international organization.
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelors degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Application fee of 150CHF
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID.
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor’s studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English)
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study at Sustainability Management School.
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in an English taught environment:
– TOEFL(minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or – IELTS(Minimum score of 6)or other standardized English placement exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to SUMAS automatically please enter our TOEFL institutional code number- 4629- when you take the test.
- Two passport photographs
- Applications from non-degree candidates will be evaluated for our Executive-MBA based on 3-4 years managerial work experience
Tuition fees for our MBA programs depend on the campus of choice, either Gland (Switzerland) or Milan (Italy).
Fees and related-costs are as follows:
|Program Fees||CHF 42,200|
|Expenses and Materials||CHF 650*|
|Program Fees||EUR 25,200|
|Expenses and Materials||EUR 600*|
|Milan (Italy) + Gland (Switzerland)|
|One semester in Gland and one semester in Milan|
|Program Fees||CHF 36,400|
|Expenses and Materials||EUR 650*|
*Expenses and materials include eBook chapters and eJournals. Applications for simulation game software, capstone, and student trips are additional costs and not included in the overall price.
Please, note that the non-refundable application fee (CHF 150) is not included in these fees. Upon acceptance, candidates must submit a confirmation deposit (deducted from the tuition fees) in order to secure their seat for their program and campus of choice as per our student agreement.
Partial Scholarships are offered for those students that embrace the values and spirit of our institution. To find more about our scholarship framework, click here.
“SUMAS has allowed for me to grow my passion for sustainability and allowed for me to focus on building a successful career in implementing integrated sustainable strategies for NGO’s and the business sector.”Ergit BedalliMBA in Sustainability Management 2015
“SUMAS MBA program represented for me an important boost to connect myself with the business world and to start creating my career.”Valentina FiliaMBA in Sustainability Management 2014