Our Online Program is 100% online! It is an opportunity for you to advance in your career and to develop new skills in the field of sustainability management.
From 18 months to 3 years,
depending on your chosen payment plan
9 core modules and
5 major courses.
January, April, July and October
Attend your classes from home, work, or wherever you are
A predominantly professionally-oriented education that addresses today's sustainability challenges!
The aim of the online MBA in Sustainability Management is to offer a predominantly, professionally, oriented education that addressed sustainability challenges facing leaders in today’s complex work patterns. We want our students to become effective business leaders in today’s world.
Designed for all professionals in corporations, nonprofits and governmental agencies demanding sustainability knowledge and practice, students learn how to apply innovative solutions to complex work environments.
Practice-oriented projects will be guided by academics and professionals. These projects are part of SUMAS’ innovative teaching methodology which includes invitations to video conferences with leading speakers in organizations and company presentations. These activities not only encourage knowledge sharing but also provide valuable opportunities for networking to enhance your career development.
Delivered through SUMAS’s virtual learning environment, the course is operated in a flexible format*- allowing you to pick your appropriate workload. You can decide how many of the available modules to take each term and can even skip a term if you desire. All modules must be completed before advancing onto the final term, and all terms must be completed within 3 years of enrollment. This program is adapted to the busy schedules of managers.
* Flexible format is only available on eligible payment plans, see Program Costs section below for more details.
Our university welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed a Bachelors degree. Once you have applied, our admissions team will be in contact with you for any further requirements.
- Application fee of 150CHF
- Photocopy of a valid passport or ID
- Official certified transcripts and diplomas of Bachelor’s studies, with certified translation (if not originally in English)
- CV/Resume indicating both complete education and any work experience in reverse chronological order
- Motivation Letter indicating why you want to study in Switzerland at Sustainability Management School
- If you are not a native English speaker or you have not spent the last 3 years in an English-taught school or in an English taught environment:
– TOEFL(minimum score of 550 PBT or 80 IBT), or – IELTS(Minimum score of 6)or other standardized English placement exams. To submit the TOEFL test score to SUMAS automatically please enter our TOEFL institutional code number- 4629- when you take the test.
- Two passport photographs
|Program Fees* (upfront payment)||CHF 17,200|
* Discounted price for upfront payment.
Please, note that the non-refundable application fee (CHF 150) is not included in these fees. Upon acceptance, candidates must submit a confirmation deposit (deduced from the tuition fees) in order to secure their seat for their online program as per our student agreement.
Kindly note that scholarships are not offered for our on-line programs.
“SUMAS program has imparted deep and essential knowledge of sustainability which allows for me to broaden the possibilities for myself.”Hiroshi YonetaniOnline MBA in Sustainability Management 2015
“The MBA in Sustainability Management has the crucial edge of embedding sustainability throughout business theory and practice – at management, operational and systemic levels. It inspired a future-orientated vision that can still be applied in practice, today. It has taught me that sustainability is only the beginning of the future we all want – as we have expanding our understanding of the concept of sustainability, so are we encouraged to grow and instill future visions.”Francini van StadenOnline MBA in Sustainability Management 2014