Tips and Tricks
It’s been a looong minute since we’ve posted so what better way to start again than with a new beginning? There is 1 month left until we will be welcoming new and returning students for our September intake! We are keen to show and share all of our developments but first let’s help our new students prep for their arrival with the checklist and safety tips below. If you require further details visit our FAQ page at https://sumas.ch/en/faq
- Have you confirmed an accommodation?
- Are you insured in Switzerland or will you need us to help you obtain insurance?
- Do you know how to get from the Airport to Gland by train? Or will you need SUMAS to arrange a shuttle?
- Do you have appropriate clothing for summer/autumn /winter? (Summer may or may not be over by September)
- Bring an adaptor
- Anything you cannot live without from your own room!
Gland is a very safe place, previously a small farming town, today it has expanded with the presence of international organizations such as WWF, the Ramsar convention and IUCN. We are located on the outskirts of two major cities Geneva and Lausanne where you will find typical Swiss sceneries of different vineyards, mountains and of course the ever so desirable Lac Léman. Although Gland is a very safe town offering many liberties, keep in mind your safety comes first.
- Save local emergency numbers to your phone
- Avoid going to unfamiliar areas by yourself
- Avoid taking short cuts to places unless you know them well
- Be conscious of your surroundings and be alert for people with suspicious behaviors especially around banks, stores, your car, your home and in the streets
- Don’t carry large amounts of cash on your person