GNH (Gross National Happiness)
- Familiarize students with the alternative development paradigm to the Gross National Product.
- Introduce Gross National Happiness as an alternative tool to measure progress.
- Provide practice in applying the Gross National Happiness index as a screening tool for businesses and organizations.
- Provide a first-hand experience in an experiential camp.
At the end of the camp you will be able to:
- Understand the limitations of GNP as a tool of measurement of progress.
- Increase awareness of costs and benefits that are not included in GNP
- Define the scope of Gross National Happiness index.
- Apply GNH to evaluate business practices and initiatives.
- Development of inter-group skills and adaption capabilities in an Experiential Camp.
|April 18||Lecture & Guideline for Self- Reflective Report|
|April 25||Lecture & Guideline for Self- Reflective Report|
|May 1||Briefing and information about the travel and the camp|
|May 2-9||Experiential Camp in Bhutan|
|May 2 afternoon||Presentation by Travel Agent, May 2 evening|
|May 3 morning||Member of National Council Parliament of Bhutan meeting|
|May 3 afternoon and evenin||Lecture at the Royal Institute for Tourism about Bhutanese policies of sustainable tourism May 4 morning|
Lecture of Dr. Saamdu about GNH and meditation