The history of Barilla began 140 years ago in Parma, Italy, when Pietro Barilla opened a small bread and pasta shop.
Barilla is a global leader in the markets of pasta and ready-to-use sauces in continental Europe, bakery products in Italy and crisp bread in Nordic countries.
The analysis carried out by the independent organization Reputation Institute ranked Barilla at the 2nd place among the most reputed food companies in the world.
Through its purpose “Good for You, Good for the Planet” (GYGP), Barilla gives its contribution to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals of the Agenda 2030 of the United Nations.
In order to explore how sustainability can strengthen the brands’ identity and create long-term value for the consumers, SUMAS students :
- Analyze and summarize Barilla’s GYGP sustainable strategies.
- Elaborate a proposal aiming to translate these strategies into Barilla and Wasa brands.
- Define how to communicate brand sustainability to consumers.
- Identify a set of indicators (KPIs), either quantitative or qualitative, to monitor and evaluate the identified sustainability strategies as a profitable and brand-strengthening asset.
- Define the daily agenda of the Barilla’s Sustainable Branding Manager.