Eduardo Flores teaches Sustainable Hospitality Management at SUMAS and he is Programme Development Officer at the IUCN.
In 2012 he started a consulting business for the hospitality industry focusing on designing and implementing sustainability strategies in operations and management. One of his projects achieved for five years in a row, the prestigious EarthCheck Silver certification and was recognized as a regional property leader in sustainable hotel management.
Eduardo holds a master’s degree in design for Sustainable Development from Chalmers University and a Bachelor Degree in Architecture from the Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Queretaro, Mexico. His professional experience has been developed in the public and social spheres in Mexico, the United States, Switzerland, and Spain. He is a Professional Fellow in Environmental Sustainability for the Department of State of the United States of America and a Climate Reality Leader.
In 2012 he was appointed as team leader of the Municipal Planning Institute for Sustainable Development of Tuxtla Gutiérrez and projects such as the Integral Plan for Sustainable Urban Mobility and the Municipal Program against Climate Change were promoted for the first time in the city.
- Master in Public Policy and Administration, Instituto de Administracion Publica del Estado de Chiapas, Tuxtla Gutiérrez, Mexico.
- Master in Design for Sustainable Development, Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Bachelor in Architecture, Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Queretaro, Mexico.
- Sustainable Hotel Management
- Eco Hotel Certifications
- Sustainable Operations Management
- Green Mobility
- Eco Design and Architecture
- Sustainable Development